Dr Prophet David Owour -A Brief History of the Man of God

Posted On // Leave a Comment

THE BIG INTERVIEW: Dr. Owuor on his life, ministry.....and new prophecies

Dear readers, following your sustained readership of this blog and endless questions concerning some of the stories I have published here, I have had to follow up on one that I think has dominated your interest the most as evidenced by your comments and e-mails. Two days ago, I met with and interviewed Dr. David Owuor for nearly five hours following your queries about his life and ministry. I should, from the very outset, state that the transcript I'm offering here is in no way definitive about the chat we had; there's much detail I have ommitted for reasons beyond my control. There is a limit to what I can say here, mostly for security reasons. I should also state that I'll make every attempt not to inject my personal opinion into my recollections of the chat I had with Dr. Owuor; I hope to God you will be in a position to read and make your own independent conclusions. The October 23rd, 2005 edition of Kenya Times has a good summary of the man's personal story, details of which I have opted to overlook in my piece (including mentions of some events he says are yet to occur). I'm in the process of getting the audio and video copies of some messages from his office for your considered consumption. Those among you with the know-how of how such may be uploaded on this blog are welcome to share your expertise via the e-mail address on my homepage the soonest you possibly can. Happy reading! Jesse. Q. Who is David the man? What is the story of your beginnings? A. I was born in Yimbo, Bondo District. I studied sciences at Makerere University and the University of Nairobi. I later proceeded to study and work in other countries, specifically the Ben-Gurion University in Haifa, Israel where undertook my Ph.D studies in molecular genetics, otherwise known as the "science of the future." I also took up a post-doctoral fellowship in the United States with a specific interest in gene sequencing and signal transduction. I progressed further in these fields. Q. How did you come to understand that you had a calling to what you now know as the ministry God has called you to? A. I came to faith in 1987 when, while Uganda was still fluid politically, I asked God to take me safely from Western Kenya into Uganda and back as I tried to transfer my credits from Makerere to Nairobi. I told God that if He did it for me, I would consider giving Him my life; I would live for Him. Suprisingly, the Ugandan soldiers were unexpectedly most helpful to me throughout; I was never harassed. I didn't notice it at the time but my spiritual journey with God had actually began. I was never serious with Him thereafter but He still pursued me. In my office in Haifa, Jewish colleagues would peep through my doorway and shout jokingly: "Remember Moses!" They were neither Christians nor Judaists, but their reference to Moses left me wondering what they were about. Later, after I had moved to the US, the same references were used again but now to a clearer end. One day as I walked through Chicago, a man drove and pulled up besides me and said: "Man, are you aware that as you were walking a brilliantly blinding light had enveloped you, thus blocking my view of the way? You know, like Moses...do you remember Moses?" Q. What happened? A. That's when the Haifa incidents came back to mind. I decided to talked to the LORD and asked HIM as to whether it was HE that had put the brilliant LIGHT that all were seing and asking "Do you remember Moses?" Then the LORD appeared to me that Night in my apartment house and I was fightened and tried to run away.....After the LORD appeared to me, HE sent me the PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT who started talking to me in mighty visions and dreams about the mission. HE started showing me the different churches in the world all the things that were to happen and those things started happenning. Then the LORD commanded me to leave to the churches after another visitation in a dream on the 3rd of July 2003. At first it was a great struggle but when the LORD appeared to me and physically touched my mouth and then lifted me from one room to the next in my house and wrote on the wall ISAIAH 43:11 and ISAIAH 43:1 on the wall for me. So I woke up and understood that HE had called me out for HIMSELF. Q. Whose son are you spiritually? Who is your mentor and how has your journey in faith been like? A. After I got convicted concerning my calling, I tried to get closer to some known American Christian leaders to mentor me but got no further with any one of them. There was a pastor I went to and shared my encounters with the Lord and the new direction I believed He was leading me to; the pastor just said there was no way they thought they could be of help to me in the circumstances. Another prominent leader involved in prophetic ministry in the US was least helpful; he appeard more eager to exploit rather than walk with me in my spiritual journey. Another one who appears regularly on Kenyan television just couldn't meet me as he was having an outreach meeting in London. I found myself having to just learn on the mill with the Lord Himself. The Lord turned Himself into my ultimate mentor in the despair, doubts, questions and even pain I had trying to find my footing in ministry. A while later (after the 2002 elections), it became clear to me that he needed me to return and serve Him here (in Kenya). Q. Ahead of this interview, a reader sent me an e-mail saying: "Please ask Dr. Owuor why all his prophecies are ever tragic. God has never spoken to him on good things about Kenya and the world. At times it's very scary to hear him. My family stopped watching his television programme long time. Ask him his view on Good News. The Bible is good news to humanity. Ask him why Jesus never spoke on the devil many times yet he does. I don't miss him." How does such a take on your ministry sit with you? A. These events were prophecies by Christ JESUS HIMSELF in Matthew 24 and now HE has sent me and shows them to me and when I prophecy them they do come to pass. This is actually the true GOODNEWS because these prophecies talk about the beginning of birth pain and hence the Nearing of the coming of the LORD for the church. So the fact that they are being fullfulled is VERY GOODNEWS and we as christians should not fear these prophecies. Instaed we should prepare in REPENTANCE for the Innevitable EndTime, the GLORIOUS COMING OF THE LORD. Remember the LORD has Spoken to me about the Rapture and the SECOND COMING, so they will for sure happen sooner than the church thought. The God of Israel has a zero tolerance for sin. I won't soften what He asks me to proclaim just so as to win anyone's approval. I have a mission to tell it as it is. If people change, judgement won't happen. The Church has not taught the true God who judges sin. Q. What is your understanding of the role that theological education plays in ministry? A. The best teacher is the Holy Spirit, not the different schools of thought that inform theological training in most Bible and theology schools. Equally sad, there is no capturing of God's vision because people are training for ministry as a proffession. It is pointless trying to lead people to a spiritual and visionary God from such a position. It is an indictment of many among us who are looking to start Churches as a business. People are building personal kingdoms and empires with wrong, spiritual foundations in the name of God. Their training is preparing them for ministry as a gateway to wealth. Their preaching is horizontally heavy on flesh and blood, never vertical enough to help their congregants meet God on His own terms (I Cor. 15:50). That's not a good model anyhow. Q. What is your understanding of the difference between faith and reason? A. Faith builds on spiritual being, not empirical manifestation. Once you build your faith, anything in the physical can happen. Faith is irrational. Reason, on the other hand, seeks empirical evidence. The Church has not built her faith. Healing, restoration, etc would come our way if we had faith. The Church should focus on building faith over reason. The miracle industry has boomed because people have lacked faith. We should not depend on miracles to reach God. Consequently, some ministers are lying to their congregations because they (the ministers) have not believed God can use them to do what they lie about. Q. Where do both the Church and the nation stand concerning the judgement of God over the land? Will God remember mercy or are we still in the danger zone? A. Both are currently in judgement. The altar of the Lord has to be restored. The judgement in the house of God is going to be most severe. Q. What is God saying about the national prayer and repentance done by individual believers and Churches last year? What is the current state of Kenya after that repentance day? A. It's not over yet. God is not yet done with Kenya. God is serious about that. God definitely appreciates last year's prayers and repentance, but it isn't over yet. We are in judgement. Look at the drought that hit Kenya, the drought I had warned about, the many people I said I had been shown by the LORD as leaving their homes in large numbers and going to unknown, SURELY we so this happening till now. People lost cattle and left homes in search for water and food and death occured. The LORD is asking for REPENTANCE; HE is faithful. Recently in Nakuru HE wrote for me HIS JUDGMENT in the SKY and I have warned Kenya of the urgent need to repent. HE further showed me very very thin cattle and this is Judgment. Q. They say that a nation's state of affairs is a reflection of the manifest spiritual condition of the Church inside such a nation. How does such a maxim sit with you regarding the present state of affairs in the country? A. The Church is a mirror of the State. Kenya needs the Church for direction because the Church speaks to the Lord. The Church prayed to the Lord for a new government in 2002, but rested easy thereafter believing that it had accomplished its mission. Right now, it has no authority to point fingers at anyone in preaching the gospel of corruption as it is mired in the same in ways that would make the government even look clean. There's rape in the country because there is rape in the Church; there is poor leadership in the country because there is poor leadership in the Church. And the list goes on and on. The Church needed to teach holiness. What we have today in the way of exposed ills in the Church is just the tip of the iceberg. Q. What specific sins have believers and non-believers been committing to warrant the repentance message you have been preaching? A. Sexual immorality, love of money, lying, false prophecies, etc. People are exalting money, what with the fake health and wealth prosperity gospel from the USA. A further word on sexual immorality may be appropriate. The other day I saw a disturbing advert ahead of the 7 O'clock news on one of the local TV stations. A mother was telling her daughter that she could sleep around as long as her boyfriend had a condom on. The levels to which we have sunk in accomodating pre-marital sex are just too low. God is mad! Holiness has been thrown out of the Church too. Condoms can easily be found in Church compounds after kesha (vigil) nights. We are more inclined to turn our Churches into entertainment and performance centers for fun and comedy; the more you laugh, the better the Church, we seem to be saying. The gospel of panda mbegu (sow the seed) which came from Satan the devil is the gospel they are preaching as a symbol of their success as custodians of the altar of the Lord. It is now about the sizes of cars, houses, bank accounts, etc and less about the narrow path and cross of the Lord. Q. Do you have tangible evidence on some section of the clergy's use of demonic powers to serve God as has been reported that you claim? A. Yes, there is massive evidence. Witchdoctors have come out speaking about some of them who have been to see them over their services (Editor's note: Some details ommitted). Q. Where do you place the Bible in your predictions and your claim of prophecy? How Biblical and accurate is the statement "God has commanded us to repent so that the Church can prepare for the rapture?" Does the repentance of the Church in Kenya, therefore, guarantee an immediate rapture? And whatever happened to Jesus' coming like a thief in the night? A. There is nothing the LORD speaks to you about that you dont find in the Bible. Remember the Asian Tsunami (see appendix below), Katrina, Pakistani Quake, EA Quake, Australian Storm on now (prophesied in Kitale on the June 4th 2005; see tapes of messages) etc that the LORD showed me earlier and finally happened. You find these in Matthew 24 when the LORD said in the End will come the Beginning of Birth Pain.There is nothing the Lord tells you about anything that you cannot find in the Bible. The Lord is sending forth His word through His servants in these last days. These are merely the beginnings of intense birth-pangs for the entire world. The end is nigh. People, get ready! Q. What thoughts are there on Jewish-Muslim relations in this age? And can you add any insights on Jewish breakthroughs in recognizing Christ as their Messiah? A. That land is precious to the Lord and Jewish leaders who have thought otherwise have in recent years had to learn that lesson the hard way (Editor's note: Some details ommitted). Spiritually, it is not yet over for the Jews. God has a plan for them. Those are His beloved. He has a covenant with them. He is bringing many of them into the saving knowledge of His Son and will continue to do that. Q. What do you call yourself - a prophet, prophet of doom, or God's special spokesman on matters of calamities and repentance? A. It is up to the people that listen to the prophecies the LORD has given me and monitoring their fulfillment that can now decide for themselves what to call me. Deuteronomy 18 says very clearly that if a man prophesies something and it comes to pass, that man I have spoken with and is my prophet, and if a man prophecies and it doesn't come to pass that man has spoken presumptiously and I have not spoken with him, so do not fear him. Q. What is next in the pipeline, any predictions...especially on the Church as well as the current state of politics in Kenya? A. The Lord used me to speak about the Asian tsunami, tremors that hit Kenya, Tanzania and the Great Lakes region last year, the ongoing Avian Flu and other major events around the world. He has impressed on my heart that a third of the world, including Iran, Russia and Germany is going to be hit by a major earthquake. The Church in Kenya and the country itself is in judgement and will need every prayer to go through some difficult moments ahead of it (Editor's note: Some details ommitted). Q. Has God revealed to you anything on the country's future President? A. No, He hasn't but He will with time. Q. What should the Church in Kenya do to be able to send missionaries to unreached people groups in Kenya and other nations? A. Reaching to the many who are constantly ebbing into an eternity, damned in Hell and forever separated from God should be the Church's greatest humanitarian emergency. The Church must restore the Lord's altar for missions. It must also position itself for the latter rains of God's saving grace upon the unreached people groups in and outside Kenya. The floodgates of Heaven are going to open again. Q. What would a transformed Kenya look like for you? A. A Kenya that would reflect a nation hit by revival that brings repentance and holiness. Q. How is your prayerlife? A. I have to pray. APPENDIX: COPY OF E-MAIL SENT OUT BY DR. OWUOR AHEAD OF THE ASIAN TSUNAMI AND NEW ORLEANS KATRINA
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:33:29 -0800 (PST)
From:E-MAIL ADDRESS OMMITTED BY EDITOR
Subject: The LORD GOD Has Spoken Again
To:"E-MAIL ADDRESS OMMITTED BY EDITOR>
HTML Attachment [ | ]
Shalom Apostle Nuyo,
I am holding a meeting with my team today for the second time.
The LORD is going to build a holy church here.
Nuyo, the LORD GOD talked to me this morning VERY VERY STRONGLY BY HIS VOICE beginning 12:30 am until 6 am in the morning.
Nuyo, the LORD is so mad and has asked me to pass a Judgement on the Eastern Religions and New Age Religions. He has HE asked me to shave my head and beard and showed me blood on my hands i a vision, if I dont warn them.
He said I should warn them (the whle world and especially Africa and Asia), that if they dont repent in Christ Jesus, HIS Judgement will come upon them and he concluded
"AND THEY SHALL KNOW THAT THE LORD GOD HAS SPOKEN"
It was such a tough night, but you know, I am with the LORD GOD, and I love HIM because HE is the Eternal KING.
He showed me a great vision in which many peple died from floods.
In the vision HE put me in there and showed me how it was impossible to save any body in this HISTORIC floods coming soon. Please inform the prophets about this new move of the Lord GOD HIMSELF. To hear HIS VOICE issuch a MIGHTY Experience, Amen
I am going to preach this for the first time today.
Thanks Hno Nuyo, May the LORD bless you and your family,
In Christ JESUS,
Thanks To Kenyananalyst 

0 comments: